The Picturing Death Project Journal Entries from 1999-2003

The simple but effective structure for the Picturing Death Project, a cast glass table, four chairs, and journals, provide a structure for journal writing with 4 questions that help participants examine how we will choose to live with the knowledge that death is inevitable. Currently, the project table, chairs and journals reside at Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo. http://www.hospiceswmi.org

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Journal Entry 682

1.

I believe after I die that I will have no more sorrow, no tears, no fears, no worries, no sickness, no bad memories, no hate, no more questions.


I believe there will be much light - vivid colors, esquite beings, family, friends (won't that be great!) I believe somehow old hates/hurts will be healed love will radiate to and from each being like light rainbowed through a prizm. I will be part of a large chorus and sing praises for time upon time. I will dance + worship and never grow tired.


i will be a new being. I will know and be known. I will have my questions answered and "it" will all make sense.


I believe that when I die there will be at least one, but maybe more, to help me to the other side.


i imagine I am happy and at peace.


2.

I have experienced my death few times. I have only thought of my own death a few times. I am starting to think about my death more as I age, with my work, as I experience the death of loved ones.


My first close experience to death. I was 7-8 at my uncle's lightening hit - a car as as I reached out to touch it. i remember being somewhat scared but mostly embarrassed because we were in a strange neighborhood and my dad was out in my uncle's yard in only his boxers on.


I also remember hiding from mom in a neighbor's yard. I fell asleep for a few hours and when I got home my mother was beside herself in fear and agitation. "I thought someone had kidnapped you - raped you - killed you." I don't remember the exact words just that it seemed life threatens.


My best experiences in death was when I gave my heart to Jesus. I really was opened. I cryed until the alter was dripping wet. But i was so happy. I truly became a new person that day. The old me had died forever.


3.

Death adds meaning to my life - gives urgency to life esp to spiritual aspects of life. If I lived forever I could put off (even more than I already do) my spiritual growth - that inner awakening. My approaching death gives me hope - helps me bear hardships, gives structure, and is a catalist for my seeking transformation.

No comments:

Post a Comment