The Picturing Death Project Journal Entries from 1999-2003

The simple but effective structure for the Picturing Death Project, a cast glass table, four chairs, and journals, provide a structure for journal writing with 4 questions that help participants examine how we will choose to live with the knowledge that death is inevitable. Currently, the project table, chairs and journals reside at Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo. http://www.hospiceswmi.org

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Journal Entry 683

1.

I have already experienced the sensation many people describe they see in near death experiences.


I was in a tunnel. It was like being inside of a long needle. At the end of the tunnel was a bright white light.


I went through the other side of the light. It was very, very peaceful there.


I didn't want to leave, but I knew I had to go back. I had to return back to the otherside. I talked with God. He told me I was to discover 3 things. He told me what the 3 things were. They were very simple. I wanted to remember what I was supposed to discover when I returned back to the other side. I was surrounded by a fence.


Then I returned.


I couldn't remember what I was supposed to discover, so I am sill on a journey of discovery.


2.

When I was 4 years old, I fell down some basement stairs and cracked my skull open on a cement floor. My family drove me to the hospital. When I was at Bronson Hospital they told my mother, I was too sick to be there and they sent me home. The next day my doctor came to the house to see me. That was the first time I met Dr. Talanda. Years later he told one he always used that example in lectures he gave. How someone so young could survive a serious head injury, while many others, older do not.


3.

I always communicate anything and everything to someone I choose to in a given amount of time.


Communicate fully, like this is my last chance.


Communicate love to everyone.


I do what I can, when I can to make the difference.


Say I love you, before the other person.


Always try and be the first one to say "I love you!"


Always take the risk. If you are not making mistakes, you are just dead anyway.


4.

I am afraid of the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment