The Picturing Death Project Journal Entries from 1999-2003

The simple but effective structure for the Picturing Death Project, a cast glass table, four chairs, and journals, provide a structure for journal writing with 4 questions that help participants examine how we will choose to live with the knowledge that death is inevitable. Currently, the project table, chairs and journals reside at Hospice Care of Southwest Michigan in Kalamazoo. http://www.hospiceswmi.org

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Journal Entry 642

1.

You never do really die. Sure, your body is gone, but your spirit transcends to a new level and you are just there instead of here. You are met by your loved ones who have gone on before you.


2.

My 15 year old daughter committed suicide on Dec 4, 2005.


3.

Well basically life here on the earth is a gift to each of us. We are all here to learn and gain knowledge. "All the trials & tribulations, the great losses... are gifts to you." Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross


"Death does not exist."


"Part of everyone's path on the earth is to keep out hope & faith in spite of tragedy & disbelief."

-George Anderson


4.

I am not afraid to die. I hope to be reunited with those who've gone on before me and know that when it is my time to go, that I will . I have faith & I know that my loved ones are in very good care.


"Faith is believing in something when common sense tells you not to"

Miracle on 34th Street

No comments:

Post a Comment